Article <66f7c4f5$0$3260$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<66f7c4f5$0$3260$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: Linux 6.11
 <pan$94d41$141fa781$36c5a29$1edd2d1b@gnu.rocks>
 <66f086c7$0$3278$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
 <pan$7cdf0$41e91e2f$62afe39d$dedd3702@loozers.net>
Date: 28 Sep 2024 08:57:25 GMT

Le 22-09-2024, Cy DeMillion <cyde@loozers.net> a écrit :
> On 22 Sep 2024 21:06:15 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
>

>>> What do YOU do?
>>
>> Don't change the subject. You are speaking about yourself. What I do is
>> irrelevant to believing in your claims.
>
> Incorrect.

Certainly not. You claim you contribute to cooledit project. As long as
I don't see any comment on it's github project from the author, I won't
believe it. Your contribution to this project isn't related with my
contribution to FOSS.

> The spirit of FOSS demands that users contribute in every way in which
> they are able.  That could be patches, bug reports, comments, etc.

There is nut such a thing as a spirit of FOSS. There are people using,
promoting, contributing, whatever, FOSS projects. And there are as
many spirits as there are people.

> But YOU do not contribute.

Once again, you are speaking on your contributions, which are not
related with my contributions.

> You are just a selfish user with a big, fat, useless mouth.

You knows nothing about me, but whatever I am, it doesn't change what
you do and what you claim.

> FOSS does not need YOU,

So, you mean it's a good thing if I don't contribute as your claims? So
everything about me and what I do is perfect from your perspective and
you can return to the subject of your claims?

> but if does need ME.

As a developer, FOSS needs you as far away as possible as any FOSS
project. As you are unable to produce any line of code, FOSS projects
certainly don't need any not understood copy/paste code from questions
on stack overflow you can provide without correction.

And for the promotion part, as you only give arguments to DFS to
criticize the FOSS users/projects, you should stop. It would be the best
thing you could do for FOSS project. It would be less fun from my point
of view but it would be better for FOSS. You see? I'm not that selfish,
I can accept to have less fun if it's good for FOSS.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io