Article <66f950f0$0$3580$426a34cc@news.free.fr>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<66f950f0$0$3580$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: Linux 6.11
 <pan$d2bb1$fb747cae$1363ad43$80ede6aa@gnu.rocks>
 <66f7c11c$0$3677$426a74cc@news.free.fr> <vdb18a$1m5b6$1@dont-email.me>
 <66f90cff$0$3244$426a74cc@news.free.fr> <llsjjvFrnukU4@mid.individual.net>
 <pan$28cb5$3d36560a$8c4b7261$2b8ba76b@gnu.rocks>
Date: 29 Sep 2024 13:06:56 GMT

Le 29-09-2024, Lester Thorpe <lt@gnu.rocks> a écrit :

> How many GNU/Linux users have even heard of cooledit?  Not very many.
> Cooledit is not included in any distro, except maybe Mageia:

OK, so you agree to say you were plain wrong when you said cooledit was
the editor of choice of all Linux aficionados. Good.

> If cooledit were promoted a bit more it may gather a following.

The issue is yu are the worst promoter in the world. And each single
time yu are trying to promote something you make it looks bad.

> Unlike vim, emacs, and joe, cooledit is a graphical editor with a
> complete GUI interface.

You see? I don't know about joe, but the main reason behind vim and
Emacs is to avoid the mouse. So the GUI is useless. There are some way
in which a mouse is a good way to use an application, but not in text
editors. In half of your messages you say that the GUI is for the inapt
users and you claim the GUI as a good thing in one of the few area it's
the easiest way to avoid the mouse you are promoting the GUI.

> I try to promote cooledit but the narrow-minded, parochial imbeciles
> in this group will summarily reject it because it boggles their little
> minds.

You promoting way is so bad that the only arguments you provide will
convince other who never heard about it to stay as far away of it as
possible.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io