Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<67t80j92m42qvf3hvasbahg4h4v6alcd8i@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-26 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 15:38:58 -0400

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 12:25:29 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <uu1q7b$30sko$1@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> On 3/27/2024 11:32 AM, shawn wrote:

>> > His back story was really good. Sadly he tended to fall apart as time
>> > went by. I don't know that they could have known he would do so poorly
>> > in the actual game.
>
>> I know I would do horrible in the game. I don't need to make the trip
>> to find out. As soon as I set foot on the island and see a spider's web
>> I'd be ready to go! And if I had to spend the night I'd be demanding to
>> know what's the thread count on the sheets they provide. What do you
>> mean they don't provide sheets?!? Well how many pillows do I get? And
>> don't get me started on the quality of the food. They would not like
>> the review I leave on Yelp...Just as soon as I find where they hid my
>> cellphone. And what's the WiFi password. The island better have a good
>> WiFi signal or I'm leaving that in my yelp review too!
>
>I stopped watching this show ages ago and one of the reasons I did was
>the contestants no longer really needed to tough it out in the elements.
>They were constantly getting rewards of tents, equipment, and food that
>made their stay a lot more comfortable than it used to be.

You should have seen Banu's tribe as they couldn't win anything. So
week after week they went without their flint so no fire. Also since
they didn't have a tarp or anything there was no cover for them which
is why in one episode we saw them sleeping underneath this big rock
that had a nice area where they wouldn't be hit by the constant rain.

>When the show first started, the contestants would look like anorexic
>skeletons by the final vote. Now they look the same as they did when
>they first arrived non the island.

I think they gave up on that as they realized contestants that were
starving don't make for good TV. There was one woman on Banu's tribe
who works as a data analyst so she's likely fairly smart. But she
wasn't able to sleep out there and with the lack of regular food she
was a basket case when it came to doing the challenges or even putting
coherent sentences together by the end as she couldn't keep her focus.