Article <6he7bjp0qtkrif3t3n72q46tk0peot758q@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6he7bjp0qtkrif3t3n72q46tk0peot758q@4ax.com>

From: Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Garmin altitude problems
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2024 11:27:58 -0700

On Wed, 07 Aug 2024 17:57:59 GMT, Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>The formula for change in altitude with air pressure in the lower atmosphere (about to 35,000 feet) is:

Nope.  From what's left of your formula, I'll assume you're trying to
calculate the air pressure at a given altitude.  There is no *change*
in altitude involved.  Looks like you lost all the Greek letter
symbols and formula symbols.

>P=Pb[1
>Where:
>

>Pb
>TM,b
>LM,b
>hb
>g0

That unreadable mess should look something like these:

"Atmospheric Pressure Calculator"
<https://calculator.academy/atmospheric-pressure-calculator/>

"Air Pressure at Altitude Calculator"
<https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/air-pressure-at-altitude>

Note that you need to know the barometric base pressure (Pb) at sea
level for such a calculation to work.  It's NOT going to work if your
riding up or down a hill where the barometric pressure might change.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com