Article <6jod1j1dauo5kame001bjf764l70g39o3s@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6jod1j1dauo5kame001bjf764l70g39o3s@4ax.com>

From: Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: GuhNoo: World's Biggest Technical Leecher
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:04:51 -0400

DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>On 4/10/2024 10:29 AM, Lying Larry Pietraskiewicz wrote:
>
>> Microslop, the world's richest company, is also the world's biggest
>> leecher:
>
>The biggest technical mooch in history is GuhNoo freeloading off the
>design, names and functionality of Unix.
>

>"Starting this Thanksgiving I am going to write a complete
>Unix-compatible software system called GNU (for Gnu's Not Unix), and
>give it away free?to everyone who can use it." - Wretched Richard
>Stallman Sep 27 1983
>

>He failed in his mission, of course, but thanks to Torvalds his dream of
>being an OS parasite and "commercial software killer" was realized.

Ridiculous.  GNU and Linux together are a masterpiece of what open
source software can accomplish.  I'm running a distro of GNU/Linux on
a computer that's good enough to upgrade to Win12, but I don't even
need that, thanks to Stallman and Torvalds.  They may have gotten the
idea from the origins of Unix, but their combined product is its own.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.