Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6pv50jlju65cqqudaqels4bmif82852roh@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dispatches from Clown World: Actual NY Times Headline
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 13:03:03 -0400

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:15:44 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>>Well a liberal judge who decided upon guilt before the trial began
>>>(and stated so at the start) guessed at the value of everything and
>>>declared that the offense was so terrible that it required a
>>>ridiculous fine that you have to post in full if you want to appeal
>>>his stupidity.
>
>>>About sums the whole thing up.
>
>>It's normal for a bond for the whole fine, plus interest, to be posted
>>for an appeal. He was already found guilty of fraud last year, the
>>latest trial was to determine the amount of the fine. They figured it
>>out by determining the amount of taxes that would have been owed, plus
>>the amount of interest on loans if the real amount of the property had
>>been stated in the first place.
>
>Do you have the URL of that news article that you just read?
>
>I didn't know the fraud case was also about underpayment of state taxes,
>and I'm not sure how Trump's mis-appraisal resulted in a larger
>underpayment of taxes. If he overstated the value, then his assessment
>was too high and he overpaid property taxes.

He overstated the value to the banks and understated (or stated
correctly) the value to the IRS.

>Does New York still have a personal property tax?

I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised to find out they have a tax on
the personal property tax.

Jon Stewart actually did a good job covering this issue in a clip from
his show from last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDMinX6t1Zk