Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6rq05j1kti7a31slub0e304tvm273ensk1@4ax.com>

From: Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How will the police find me.
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 12:30:11 +0200

On Sun, 19 May 2024 21:58:37 -0400, knuttle <keith_nuttle@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 05/19/2024 9:46 PM, micky wrote:
>> Going hiking tomorrow.  Finally realized I was sending my location to my
>> ex-GF, but I hadn't told her how to see it.   Assuming the worst, that I
>> break my leg and can't get off the trail, but the phone is broken or
>> stolen, and assuming she actually notices it's 6PM and I still haven't
>> texted her to say I'm done, she can see my phone's location using the
>> simple instructions I found on the web.
>If you had Been in the Boy Scouts you would learn to live in the woods
>without a electronic device of any type.  You would learn about mark or
>finding marks so you could retrace your path.  You would learn about
>finding your direction so you do not get lost.

And of course being in the Boy Scouts would enable (apologies to AmE
speakers for whom "enable" is a dirty word, what do you use instead?)
you to grit your teeth and be prepared to hop, skip and jump with a
broken leg.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm