Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6tgp4jtlmmppnehpta2mjcj408th12go6g@4ax.com>

From: dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro =?UTF-8?B?RnV6enk/IChUb2Rh?=
 =?UTF-8?B?eSdzIGFydGljbGUgaW4gV2lyZWN1dHRlcik=?=
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:11:58 +0000
References: <662384bf$0$6424$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <1RicnXulEOyfdr77nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com> <662404fe$0$2422111$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v01n9n$3tboj$8@dont-email.me> <662469e0$0$6544$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <53237cc67313de6046f54d822a54ebd7@www.novabbs.org> <20240421090103.3e7f3190@234567aaa> <e21729cfb32468963ad98ef7e746664c@www.novabbs.org> <v040l8$gomm$1@dont-email.me> <7498712d5043d4a7bb8b4b410e516414@www.novabbs.org> <v06p54$16rbh$1@dont-email.me> <c2b145c0c228d18aa64f0829caec675c@www.novabbs.org> <20240424135104.3e7b503f@234567aaa> <d1c0958a7eb54e0d195926da4f93374e@www.novabbs.org> <20240425132639.6acf173b@234567aaa>

my foolish hammer-drill wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2024 00:22:33 +0000
> dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

>> my foolish hammer-drill wrote:

>> > Which is really not all that native Hawaiian, it's more of a
>> > pan-Asian islander culture in fact.

>> > "Stinking Abos" they call them.

>> > Too much population density for "living in harmony with the land".
>>
>> > The "other people" part - maybe, but haoles aside?
>>
>> Most people on this rock are not kanaka maoli I.e., native Hawaiians.

> About 6.5% iirc, alow number.

>> Non-native people that embrace and respect the culture, people, and
>> land, of Hawaii call themselves "locals." Anybody can be a local
>> Hawaiian - to da Hawaiians, culture and where your heart is, is more
>> important than race. Any other place on this planet, it's your race
>> that people see.

> I've seen a lot of reports of discrimination against whites.

> https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120431126
> https://apnews.com/article/hawaiians-hate-crime-beating-sentence-55d0a9d504a49b062f56c1d09e662fd8

> Two Native Hawaiian men wouldn’t have brutally beaten a man if he weren’t white, a U.S. judge said Thursday in sentencing them to yearslong prison terms for a hate crime in a case that reflects Hawaii’s nuanced and complicated relationship with race.

> A jury convicted Kaulana Alo-Kaonohi and Levi Aki Jr. in November, finding that they were motivated by Christopher Kunzelman’s race when they punched, kicked and used a shovel to beat him in 2014. His injuries included a concussion, two broken ribs and head trauma.

> Local lawyers believe this is the first time the U.S. has prosecuted
> Native Hawaiians for hate crimes. The unique case highlights the
> struggles between Native Hawaiians who are adamant about not having
> their culture erased and people who move to Hawaii without knowing or
> considering its history and racial dynamics.

>> There are some people that live here that don't care about Hawaiian
>> culture or the people of Hawaii - they're called "mainlanders" or
>> "tourists." The locals mostly just tolerate them and take their
>> money.

> I would hope so, it's your biggest industry!

> Las turistas are a wealthy but transitive infestation.

>> Here's one of my favorite Hawaiians - she was born and raised in
>> Germany. The story is that she was a German/Hawaiian lady that was
>> transformed when she stepped off the plane. I believe that she was a
>> professor of the Hawaiian language at the University of Hawaii.
>> That's Hawaii for you.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIvSd2hDPTI

> The Carole King of the islands!  And those uke pickers sure can pick.

> "Them city slicker pickers got a lot of
> Slicker licks than me.
> But ridin' the range and acting strange
> Is where I want to be."

> Anywho:

> https://youtu.be/QUSjT9PfZ2Y

The next time I'm on Kauai, I'm going to this restaurant. It's not really my kind of food but you gotta try things at least once.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=659914171084554