Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<709240ea-fe12-4ba0-8d2f-e413dffa372bn@googlegroups.com>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 16:39:22 -0400

-hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 3/16/24 5:32 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> -hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>> Linux distros cover the full spectrum of maintenance time. Choose
>> your sweet spot.
>
> Which ones are as low for setup & maintenance as Apple?  Name names.

Debian. Ubuntu. Arch.

That's just the ones I've used. I left out Gentoo because it takes a bit more
effort at setup time.

All Linux distros are great at maintenance.

> From what I've seen, that's going to be a damn short list, because
> there's few turnkey providers of hardware with Linux OS & software
> preinstalled out of the box.

Lol. You said "turnkey".

Are you perchance in Marketing?

>> You like Apple? And its hardware silo? Kool.
>
> The logical fallacy here is that every hardware supplier will have a
> "silo" of finite products, because no one supplier can offer more
> diversity than the entire market because logically they must always be a
> subset of the total market.  The more important and relevant question is
> if they offer _adequate_ product variation to be viable in the market.

Yeah. You marketing.  :-D

--
You'd like to do it instantaneously, but that's too slow.