Article <7NqcnYBJl-v_xLj7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<7NqcnYBJl-v_xLj7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

Subject: Re: Drop The Bomb!
Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.math
From: Ross Finlayson <ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 11:22:30 -0700

On 04/21/2024 09:55 AM, Walmo Rozella wrote:
> Ross Finlayson wrote:
>
>> for any of
>>
>> sci.math
>> sci.physics
>> sci.physics.relativity
>>
>> so please take such hillbilly-pill-popping boring garbage somewhere's
>> else, and away from here.
>
> you even think computers are hardwired to work in negative numbers. A zero
> and one are not negative, nor the voltage threshold level. Go watch what
> TTL stands for, don't be an imbecile in physics.

Oh, how about now?

The "Bomb", refers to usually a thermonuclear warhead or device of
the fission bomb, fusion bomb, gamma ray bomb, or just a huge herf.

Bombs this way are measured in terms of their equivalent to
tri-nitro-toluene, TNT, which is measured variously in sticks,
where a cherry-bomb is a quarter-stick of dynamite, and fission
bombs or "A-bombs" range up from the tons to kilotons then where
the fusion bombs or "H-Bombs" range up to the hundreds of megatons.

The "pony nuke" is the idea that a large pony can carry one around,
where the usual idea is that nuclear bombs are deliverable via what's
called land-based ICBM's, the strategic bomber air force, or the
submarine or "boomer" fleet, like Minuteman III, ICBM's with
multiple independent re-entry vehicles, then also there are
artillery and missile mounts, of various things, sort of after,
the W-88, a sort of usual prototype of a thermonuclear explosive
device.

"Shiny Pebbles"

These devices operate by rather well-understood notions of
criticality of nuclear fission and fusion, and then most
people think mc^2 is the thing yet that's just the first
term in an expansion of an infinite series, they usually don't.

"Loose Nukes in the Ukraine" used to be the old strategy dilemma.

The Doomsday Clock, is not to be confused with the National Debt ticker,
though, it is right up the street.

The usual idea is called "Mutually Assured Destruction".

So, don't drop the Bomb.

Anyways shut up about bombs, packet-pusher, bigot.

If you want to talk about the theory and physics of the
mathematical physics of nuclear bombs, I suppose that
would be topical.