Article <7b062e56e4fefeb27933c6fbd6a4538a0795a657@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<7b062e56e4fefeb27933c6fbd6a4538a0795a657@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Who here understands that the last paragraph is Necessarily true?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2024 22:19:57 -0400
 <33c3c28d5458eafcc934040353e4e51b376bd14f@i2pn2.org>
 <v7350v$mjis$3@dont-email.me>

On 7/15/24 8:34 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/15/2024 4:03 AM, joes wrote:

>> Specifically, the input HHH aborts.

>>> Turing machines only operate on finite strings they do not operate on
>>> other Turing machines *dumbo*
>> Don't deflect. HHH as part of DDD (because it is called) needs to be
>> included in the input to the simulator.
>> Bedsides, TMs can be encoded as strings. Notwithstanding that HHH is not
>> and does not simulate a TM.
>>
> Richard insists that HHH report on the behavior of the TM that
> is *not* encoded as finite string. TM's are not allowed to report
> on the behavior of the computation that they are contained within.

Why ISN'T it encoded in the finite string?

Isn't that what HHH(DDD) MEANS? that the input is supposed to encode the
program DDD?

So, since to be the TM equivalent, the input to HHH WOULD be the
encoding of DDD, then HHH can surely be asked to report on its behavior.

You are just showing you are nothing but a lying blowhard.

> The question is not whether or not HHH halts.

No, but DDD Halts if and only if HHH(DDD) halts

> The question is does the finite string input to HHH mathematically
> map to behavior that halts when DDD is correctly emulated by HHH
> according to the semantics of the x86 language?

No, as DDD needs to be a PROGRAM, which means it maps to behavior
reguardless of what HHH's simulation says.

Now, DDD is dependent on the code of HHH, so we don't have a DDD until
you choose have HHH is, and it also means that the input that shows DDD
must include all of the code that DDD uses, including that of HHH , or
you are just showing that you are a LIAR.

Your problem is you chose a game where you must go first, and second
player wins, and you are trying to change things so you go second, but
that breaks the rules.

You are just stuck with your LIES.