Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<7gouuiden3pt4t48hi6mhj44v54k8k6ev2@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-09 (Saturday)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:59:16 -0400

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:13:25 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> TRACKER
>>>
>>> No, not this silly uncredited remake that Adam is watching starring Green
>>> Aquaman.
>>>
>>> The one and only original series from 2001, starring the Highlander versus
>>> the vampire from Forever Knight!
>>>
>>> An incredibly goofy one season wonder from Canadia’s space channel.
>>>
>>> Adrian Paul is Daggon, a.k.a. Cole a prison guard from Cirron who comes to
>>> earth chasing 218 prisoners that the Evil Zin released and came exactly 100
>>> light years (sometimes it’s 100,000,000 light years) from their planet SAR
>>> TOP in the Migar solar system.
>>> Some of the aliens are Cirronians, some Desserians, some Enixians, some
>>> Nodulians, some Orsusians, and some are, of course Vardians, with the
>>> occasional prisoner, being of one species and pertaining to be another so
>>> he didn’t get beat up in the prison yard. Apparently, none of these beings
>>> are corporeal.  So when they landed here, they all inhabited nearby, living
>>> beings usually but not always human.  Cole tracks them down and puts their
>>> life force in a little version of the containment vessel from Ghostbusters,
>>> murdering the host in the process. Which is sort of amusing as he goes to
>>> these missing peoples families, and promises to help them, find them, not
>>> bothering to mention to the grieving mothers, that he’s going to murder
>>> their missing sons.
>>>
>>> All these characters have different inconsistent abilities. When Cole tells
>>> us that Joanne Kelly from Warehouse the 13th the series does not hesitate
>>> to use her Desserian abilities against him, she demonstrates by hitting him
>>> over the head with a 2 x 4.
>>>
>>> They finally start explaining all this in the show opening about halfway
>>> through the series.
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>> On Freevee and other services. Freevee seems to have the running order
>>> right; Ian‘s IMDb episode listing is completely wrong, based on people
>>> leaving the series and their storylines being wrapped up.
>>>
>>> Fred-Bob sez “check it out!”
>>
>> I asked Anim, but it sounds like this series is in SDTV, not HDTV, which
>> is a turnoff to me...  [shrug]
>
>I found two sources on the gray. One is 512x384.
>The other, which says it comes from Tubi, is 640x480.
>Then I found a complete German rip at 480 x 272
>Then I found 12 seconds of naked Alexa Doig taking a bubble bath from the
>tracker 2000
>Finally (always the last place you look) I found the compilation movie
>alien tracker from 2003. It’s 576 x 320.  Which is at least 16:9 aspect
>ratio.

You forgot the 1080P version that had been upscaled from a lower
version (and looks just as bad as you might expect.)
I had completely forgotten about this show until I downloaded the
first episode and took a look at it. Then I remembered watching it
back when it first aired. No reason anyone should really want to watch
this now.