Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<7nqt6j1uoakdnnqk37bvlj5vss03damatg@4ax.com>

From: john larkin <jl@650pot.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: some electronics for a speed controlled electromagnetic gun
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 06:56:50 -0700

On Sun, 16 Jun 2024 05:15:41 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Sat, 15 Jun 2024 07:55:40 -0700) it happened john larkin
><jl@650pot.com> wrote in <mjar6jtpa9o9thp9pvhlolqdu3hiemqumv@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Sat, 15 Jun 2024 05:57:23 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>Are you sure you understand the circuit?
>>>What is wrong with it according to you?
>>
>>Aside from being ugly, at least three things.
>
>Name them!!!

Am I the only person here who designs electronics? Sigh, OK.

The resistive voltage divider R2 R3 wastes voltage and power.

The SCR high-side switch is crazy for several reasons.

The optocoupler into the second dc/dc converter makes no sense and is
probably unreliable.

Why do some people use optocouplers where both the input and output
are grounded? It becomes a low-beta NPN transisor.

Why switch only the second dc/dc converter?

>>>As to bad design, astronauts now stuck on the ISS because the Boeing return module is defective.
>>>Billions they did spend of tax money
>>>US becoming more and more a lost empire...
>>
>>That's fine, since the US never was an empire. But we did mostly
>>conquer the world by being what other people want to be.
>>
>>Use Street View all over the world. Most places look like a suburb of
>>Houston.
>>

>>>China just did a sample return from the backside of the moon.
>>
>>Why?
>
>Human beings have curiosity
>that is how we evolve.
>The sample will teach us about how our universe (forming of the Moon specfically) happened.

We already have lots of moon dirt. It's not very interesting. The
Chinese thing is a political stunt. An expensive one.

Why would dirt from the farside of he moon be any different from the
rest of the moon dirt?

>And if we can have a permanent base there, say as an in-between stop for further exploration of space.

Space is mostly vacuum. Why do we need to kill humans to "explore"
vacuum?

>Later, when US astronuts land on Mars (if ever) they will find Chinese restaurants there
>and they better bring some Chinese currency so they can pay forlanding rights and food.

A recent study suggests that people who go to Mars will have kidney
damage.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/06/240611130413.htm

Humans in space make no sense.