Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<7qujui58fjds1isls4ohpcnp5d7dt20ggk@4ax.com>

From: legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Chinese downloads overloading my website
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:49:30 -0500

Got a note from an ISP today indicating that my website
was suspended due to data transfer over-use for the month. (>50G)
It's only the 7th day of the month and this hadn't been a
problem in the 6 years they'd hosted the service.

Turns out that three chinese sources had downloaded the same
set of files, each 262 times. That would do it.

So, anyone else looking to update bipolar semiconductor,
packaging or spice parameter spreadsheets; look at K.A.Pullen's
'Conductance Design Curve Manual' or any of the other bits
stored at ve3ute.ca are out of luck, for the rest of the month .

Seems strange that the same three addresses downloaded the
same files, the same number of times. Is this a denial of
service attack?

RL