Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<81tr4jp2k3n566qglnnpmb4lapvtc3cpe0@4ax.com>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do Microsoft’s Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 09:35:07 -0400

On Wed, 22 May 2024 08:17:53 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Andrzej Matuch wrote:
>
>> RonB wrote:
>>>
>>>I, personally, don't want any part of AI.
>>
>>Smart people will see what Microsoft, Apple, Google and others are
>>doing with AI and will reject it wholeheartedly. Smart is the key word
>>though. Most will enjoy the convenience it offers.
>
>This is how I feel.  I've yet to see a compelling reason for "normal"
>users to want to use it.
>
>There are a lot of professional applications for it.  It's also great
>for people who want to cheat on their schoolwork...

Yep. It's going to be increasingly difficult to evaluate a student's
true worth in the future. I've already made it difficult for them to
use AI by forcing them to finish whatever work they need to complete
in class during a single period. This way, there is no chance they
will go home, have the computer do the work for them, and hand me
something stellar the next period. However, some still try.