Article <84f47ef5a956cee40068951f5f09f1b13405a622@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<84f47ef5a956cee40068951f5f09f1b13405a622@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Sequence of sequence, selection and iteration matters --- Ben
 agrees
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 22:08:20 -0400
 <9230f3ba65ba4424b908878855c7d15785fda294@i2pn2.org>
 <v6i5k1$13ejf$5@dont-email.me>

On 7/8/24 10:00 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/8/2024 8:53 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The way that IT DOES report something while it is still
>>> running. You love to disagree with verified facts.
>>>

>> Computation can not report answers while running.
>>
>> YOu are just showing your stupidity.
>
> Thus printf() does not exist.

For Turing Machines and the like, no, not in that sense.

Think of it as the output is spooled to a buffer that isn't released
until the program ends.

Yes, modern computers can do some "things" that Turing Machines and
Computations can not, but they can not "Compute" by the meaning of the
word in the field something that the Turing Machine can not do.

Tbhe key point is that the next program taking the output of the program
can not know if that is all of its input until the running program says
it is done, and Conputation Theory is about comptations do things that
can feed other computations, so no output is done and fully usable until
the program generating it stops.

If you define that the first thing that HHH "prnts" is its answer and it
is done after that, then when DDD "calls" HHH, it resumes as soon as HHH
sends that output, and it doesn't need to "wait" for HHH to stop
running, as it has, as far as the calling DDD is concerned when HHH
completes its answer.

Think of it as a cross process pipe instead of a call instruction, as
that is what you are starting to try to define with early output.