Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<86il1olidn.fsf@example.com>

From: Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung account
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:32:04 +0000

Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> writes:

> Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Ah, perhaps that is the answer to my question. Perhaps I created an
>> account to access the Samsung store.
>
>   You probably were asked to create the Samsung Account when you set
> up the phone.

I didn't do that, I did it some time later. I was troubleshooting
something but I can't remember what.

>   In my notes, it says that during setup there was a prompt to login
> to my Samsung Account. That prompt probably also had a link to create
> an account. (I already had a Samsung Account, because I bought the
> phone with a cashback.)
>
>>				       I am using the Samsung phone app
>> because it is the only way to switch on wifi calling (that I know
>> about). I guess without a Samsung account, Samsung apps won't ever be
>> updated.
>
>   As Another Poster (TM) :-) said, you can switch off Wi-Fi calling in
> Settings.

Not in my settings. It may depend on the model. But it is in the
settings for the Samsung phone app.

>   But the simplest way is probably: On the home or app screen, swipe
> down from the top till you get the panel with the function buttons
> such as Sound, Airplane mode, Location, etc.. Swipe that panel to the
> left several times, till you see the 'Wi-Fi Calling'. Tap it to toggle
> it off.

Yes I forgot about that. I found it later after wasting much time trying
to figure out why O2 wouldn't use wifi calling. It turned out in the end
that O2 doesn't allow it on PAYG, only on pay monthly. So it is a
policy.

As for the Samsung account, I think what I need to do is remove all the
apps which are installed from the Samsung store and re-install them from
Google, then delete the Samsung account again. But at the moment it is
not notifying me so I haven't done anything.

I think it is strange that Samsung's Internet Browser is even in the
google store.