Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<875xrfpc7a.fsf@parhasard.net>

From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Word of the day: =?utf-8?B?4oCcUGFwb29zZeKAnQ==?=
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2024 17:31:53 +0100

 Ar an t-aonú lá is triochad de mí Lúnasa, scríobh LionelEdwards:

 > [...] Very familiar in GB from 1960s Westerns as a method by which Indians
 > could gallop on horseback carrying their infants safely. Not to be confused
 > with "a caboose".

Pleasantly surprised at the number of non-North-Americans who know the word. I
suppose the Zane Grey books and the cowboy movies did educate on certain
things.

--
‘As I sat looking up at the Guinness ad, I could never figure out /
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after fourteen pints of stout’