Article <877cg864kp.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<877cg864kp.fsf@bsb.me.uk>

From: Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet@bsb.me.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: D simulated by H never halts no matter what H does V3
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 09:33:26 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> In comp.theory olcott <polcott333@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You are doing better than Alan on this though he doesn't
>> have a single clue about what execution traces are or how
>> they work.
>
> You should read "How to make friends and influence people" by Dale
> Carnegie.  You may not care about the former, but you sure are trying the
> latter.  Hint: telling nasty lies about people is not effective.

With respect (and I mean that), you've misread the situation.  PO is
very effective at influencing people to do what he wants.  Getting
clever, knowledgeable people to talk to him about his "work" is how
he maintains his sense of self.  It's his narcissistic fuel.

And to this end, telling nasty lies about people is very effective.  One
of the hardest thing to ignore is a public post saying you are stupid or
ignorant or a liar.

--
Ben.