Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<878r12lzhg.fsf@parhasard.net>

From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
Newsgroups: sci.lang
Subject: Re: World Book Day (22 April)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 07:37:15 +0100

 Ar an cúigiú lá is fiche de mí Aibreán, scríobh Ross Clark:

 > Sorry, I missed this one. Been busy. Every day is Book Day around here.
 > Trying to read some of them, get rid of others. Anybody have any Book Day
 > experiences to relate?

I started re-reading Andy Grove’s High Output Management on Monday to
celebrate? (The celebration was not particularly intentional.)

There has been a bit of coverage lately in the bits of the web that I read of
the really minimal sales of most books (in the US, because that’s where a
an antitrust case revealed the details). It’s a fascinating picture, quite a
hit-driven economy, lots of money lost on loads of books.

https://www.elysian.press/p/no-one-buys-books is quite a good write-up.

--
‘As I sat looking up at the Guinness ad, I could never figure out /
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after fourteen pints of stout’