Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<87cyl9zx14.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>

From: Keith Thompson <Keith.S.Thompson+u@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Command line globber/tokenizer library for C?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 14:43:35 -0700

ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) writes:
> In article <vbsmlb$3o6n2$1@raubtier-asyl.eternal-september.org>,
> Bonita Montero  <Bonita.Montero@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Am 11.09.2024 um 16:59 schrieb Kenny McCormack:
>>
>>> Do you think it would make sense to pay attention to the "Newsgroups" line
>>> in your header before clicking "Send"?
>>
>>I just wanted to suggest a simpler language.
>>Compare that with a manual implementation of the same in C.
>
> Thanks, I appreciate that, but it does have to be C.

We could help you more effectively if we understood your requirements.

Why exactly does it have to be C?

What system or systems do you need to support?  (I asked this before and
you didn't answer.)

If you only care about Windows, for example, that's going to affect what
solutions we can offer; likewise if you only care about POSIX-based
systems, or only about Linux-based systems.

It might also be useful to know more about the context.  If this is for
some specific application, what is that application intended to do, and
why does it need to do tokenization and globbing?