Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<87frth7sle.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>

From: Keith Thompson <Keith.S.Thompson+u@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Running an editor from ANSI C
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 14:34:53 -0700
	<v3rrtm$1e6g8$1@dont-email.me> <v3ru84$1eafb$1@dont-email.me>
	<87o78dzw1a.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>
	<v3tkmb$1o860$3@dont-email.me> <v3uk0l$20s0s$2@dont-email.me>
	<v3uoeo$21g4g$5@dont-email.me> <v3v6jt$23q0b$2@dont-email.me>
	<v3vk3m$265uv$1@dont-email.me> <v44itr$3jn4i$1@dont-email.me>
	<v46o75$dnnu$1@dont-email.me> <v46qj9$e4lf$1@dont-email.me>
	<v46uha$fj5k$1@dont-email.me> <v47c92$hv04$1@dont-email.me>
	<v4bl16$1ieto$1@dont-email.me> <v4bo2g$1iqqi$1@dont-email.me>
	<v4bre0$1jfqf$2@dont-email.me> <v4c567$1l5lm$1@dont-email.me>
	<v4c5q7$1lki1$1@dont-email.me> <v4cc5f$1mqkb$1@dont-email.me>

Malcolm McLean <malcolm.arthur.mclean@gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> Pepole will want the shell to go into FileSystem XML files, list the
> contents, and maybe extract or insert individual files. And so I've
> now
> put in a powerful ls command.
[...]

Which people, other than you, actually want that?  Do you have real
or potential users who desire that feature?

Windows can easily mount an ISO image file as a filesystem.
File Explorer can dive into a .zip file (by unpacking it into a
temporary directory).  Linux has sshfs and other tools that use
libfuse, a userspace filesystem framework.  Squashfs is a common way
to treat a single file as a filesystem.  There are other examples.
And they all give the user access to all the system tools available
for working with files and directories; none are restricted to
whatever facilities are provided by BabyX or some similar project.

If you're doing this just for the fun of it, that's great --
but you seem to be saying not just that others will find your XML
pseudo-filesystem useful, but that there's an existing demand for it.
I'm skeptical.