Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<87o7bngczx.fsf@bsb.me.uk>

From: Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet@bsb.me.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: [OT] UTF-8 sig.
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 00:13:38 +0000

Richard Harnden <richard.nospam@gmail.invalid> writes:

>>> Do you mean the problem is not with Pan after all?  "The software" is
>>> deliberately vague and I don't know why Pan would be saving the
>>> signature file.  It just reads it as far as I can tell.
>>
>> No, the problem is definitely with Pan.  I don't know why it would be
>> saving the signature file either, but it is.
>
> I think Ben has shown that it doesn't.

I think BMH is not using a sig file.  The bottom line is that pan can do
what BMH wants, but he's doing something that does not work.
Unfortunately his explanation is unhelpful because his sig (as posted)
is not getting "more and more corrupted" so it's not at all clear what
he's seeing.

I've tried /not/ using a sig file and that also seems to work.  The
posting.xml configuration file /is/ written every time pan closes, but
it appears not to be getting corrupted.

--
Ben.