Article <87r0c1nzjj.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<87r0c1nzjj.fsf@bsb.me.uk>

From: Ben Bacarisse <ben@bsb.me.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: technology discussion =?utf-8?Q?=E2=86=92?= does the world need
 a "new" C ?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 14:32:00 +0100
	<v6ard1$3ngh6$4@dont-email.me> <v6b0jv$3nnt6$1@dont-email.me>
	<87h6d2uox5.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>
	<v6d779$6rk5$2@dont-email.me> <v6e76u$c0i9$1@dont-email.me>
	<v6esqm$fian$2@dont-email.me> <v6f7vg$hgam$1@dont-email.me>
	<20240707164747.258@kylheku.com> <v6gl83$s72a$1@dont-email.me>
	<v6h8ao$ur1v$1@dont-email.me> <v6jhk3$1drd6$1@dont-email.me>
	<v6jiud$1dsjb$1@dont-email.me> <877cdur1z9.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
	<v6joi4$1epoj$1@dont-email.me> <871q42qy33.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
	<v6k6i0$1h4d3$1@dont-email.me> <87ed82p28y.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
	<v6m03l$1tf05$1@dont-email.me>

bart <bc@freeuk.com> writes:

> On 10/07/2024 00:35, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>> bart <bc@freeuk.com> writes:

>>> Little about C's type system is simple.
>> Parameter passing is relatively simple though since there is only one
>> mechanism -- pass by value.
>
> Except when it comes to arrays.

The oddity is that, in C, one can't pass arrays to functions at all.
That is one of the quirks that people learning C need to learn.  It does
not alter the fact that there is only parameter passing mechanism -- by
value.

Your plan, of course, is to take that one place where C is relatively
simple and complicate by pretending that C as pass by reference as well
as by value.

--
Ben.