Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<87r0dj6u3s.fsf@axel-reichert.de>

From: Axel Reichert <mail@axel-reichert.de>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Subject: Re: Editor of choice
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 20:19:03 +0200

Julieta Shem <jshem@yaxenu.org> writes:

> steve <sgonedes1977@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> WHat editor do people use these days? any favorites? i still use emacs;
>
> I still use the GNU EMACS.

Same here.

Emacs was in fact one reason to learn Lisp. Once I did that I became a
more confident tweaker (.emacs/init.el) and a more compentent user.

> we need editors for a lifetime

Yes! With almost 30 years of use, I have over time incorporated a lot of
advanced things into my daily routine, so for me the editor has become
more powerful than in my beginnings, simply because I use more features
of this power tool. Tools need to be mastered, and, in order to be worth
the time put into mastering them, they need to be powerful tools.

  https://emacsnyc.org/2014/08/11/the-editor-of-a-lifetime.html

Best regards

Axel