Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<87r0g9jgjt.fsf@bsb.me.uk>

From: Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet@bsb.me.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: filling area by color atack safety
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:31:18 +0000

scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) writes:

> David Brown <david.brown@hesbynett.no> writes:
>>On 16/03/2024 12:33, Malcolm McLean wrote:
>
>>> And here's some code I wrote a while ago. Use that as a pattern. But not
>>> sure how well it works. Haven't used it for a long time.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/MalcolmMcLean/binaryimagelibrary/blob/master/drawbinary.c
>>>

>>Your implementation is a mess, /vastly/ more difficult to prove correct
>
> Malcolm can't even spell 'integer' correctly in that code blob :-).

As someone with dyslexia I have never liked mocking remarks about
spelling errors.  Using "even" suggests that a superficial issue hints
at deeper problems.  This is rarely the case.

However, I /would/ urge Malcolm to correct the spelling if Bresenham
since the intent was clearly to credit the discoverer.  Also,
misspellings don't play well with library databases.

> Certainly the intent of Fir's algorithm is easily discerned from
> his code.   I can't say that about Malcolms.

I have some reservations about the code, but he posted a link so there
is no indication that he wants a review of it.

--
Ben.