Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<88j8vi12pupcod3vpgvq7e0m916j5jnf46@4ax.com>

From: Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: [Wargamer] Hasbro CEO optimistic about AI in DnD and MTGs future
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:32:40 -0400

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:45:12 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 3/14/2024 5:16 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>The question would be though: why should I pay for stuff that just has
>been artificially created? More than a few cents at least? If I am
>paying for a book I am paying for the copy, yes, but I am also paying an
>artisan (multiple ones really) for producing something of value to me.
>If there is no actual person involved, why would I pay for it?

Because it's 'good enough' and you need a quick adventure or setting
for your next session, and don't have the time or energy to do it
yourself. Sure, AI-module might not have that same verve or spark to
it (or new ideas) that a hand-written adventure might, but if it has a
decent enough hook, a good map and some good loot, that might be
enough.

(and since the AI will be cribbing off thousands of hand-written
adventures already, it probably will have all those features)

>Sure people might choose the cheaper option, but the cheaper option in
>this case is not "pay for whatever WotC churns out" but "pirate whatever
>you need".

Some people don't want to pirate, and if they do, they'll just as
likely infringe upon human-written stuff as AI generated.