Article <8fitdjpafruj8fg8evk2qcroj9d6b73psp@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<8fitdjpafruj8fg8evk2qcroj9d6b73psp@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: BOLO pervert cyclist
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2024 06:12:51 -0400
References: <vbf1g1$r1ti$1@dont-email.me> <v26ndj5b4038brf60dhms4jqluln99fcq0@4ax.com> <vbga1p$10phu$6@dont-email.me> <5sindjpqbq0lks6kn3but34lsisqsf0ooo@4ax.com> <vbhq2m$1dkbr$1@dont-email.me> <vbhqdj$1dnp0$2@dont-email.me> <vbi2vi$1ev12$1@dont-email.me> <h9tpdj5rb1pkdq4mn4stg17jps7br03qkt@4ax.com> <vbkdll$1v0hh$4@dont-email.me> <vbkvb6$216mu$6@dont-email.me> <vbl3rv$2244k$4@dont-email.me> <vblc1l$23nv7$5@dont-email.me>

On Sun, 8 Sep 2024 19:29:56 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 9/8/2024 5:10 PM, AMuzi wrote:

>>> At the same time, it's not correct to say any opinion is as correct as
>>> any other one.
>>>

>> It absolutely is.
>>
>> If I claim, 'My bike is lighter than yours', we can quantify that. It's
>> either true or it is not.
>
>Let's pause there. If one person says "In my opinion, my bike is lighter
>than yours," and the other person says "In my opinion, you're wrong," it
>should be obvious that one is bound to be wrong. So it's not correct to
>say every opinion is correct.
>
>> But if you claim, 'Pickups are too expensive and even more costly per
>> mile for fuel so you ought not buy one', that mixes provable statements
>> (cost, mpg) with opinion which is not.  Your typical pickup owner will
>> respond, 'Yes, expensive and worth it to me'.  He's as right as you are.
>
>Right. A person could say "In my opinion, it's a good idea to pay extra
>for a huge vehicle that is more expensive to run, more difficult to park
>and more dangerous to other road users even though I'll never need its
>capabilities. It's worth it to me because it makes me feel like more of
>a man."

That you believe that says way more about you than the people driving
pickup trucks.  See below:

>It should be embarrassing, but a person can have that opinion.

"Narcissistic projection is a behavior that manifests when someone
with a narcissistic personality projects a trait or behavior onto
another person.

The tricky thing about projection is that most people aren’t aware
they’re doing it. And since narcissism is linked to lower emotional
intelligence, someone with a narcissistic personality may be
especially unlikely to recognize that they’re projecting."

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-projection#narcissistic-projection-defined

--
C'est bon
Soloman