Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<8kne0jlddpgv4v57tpob3bun68l6a81d8f@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT} Niagara Falls declares state of emergency due to April 8 eclipse
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:38:15 -0400

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 19:13:53 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Niagara Falls has been touted as one of the very best places to view
>the solar eclipse that will be occurring on April 8. (That area is also
>one of the only parts of Canada that will be in the Path of Totality,
>where the moon will completely cover the sun for several minutes.)
>
>Niagara Falls, "out of an abundance of caution" - you always know
>something ridiculous is coming when you hear that phrase - has declared
>a state of emergency with regards to the eclipse.
>
>https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/niagara-region-proactively-declares-state-of-emergency-ahead-of-total-solar-eclipse-1.6827320

I would think that the only reason for declaring an emergency over
this eclipse if they expect a tremendous crowd of people to show up.
That could create some issues especially if there are any medical
emergencies because of the traffic. Other than that I can't see why it
would be an emergency.