Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<8kr22j99nim1vcojpf8anvf7q9lqpr9stn@4ax.com>

From: Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: {Geeknative] President of Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro Gaming resigns
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:07:14 -0500

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:28:25 +0200, Kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 4/18/2024 12:34 AM, Kyonshi wrote:
>> The article is the usual speculative rubbish that manages to buff up a
>> resignation notice into something that can fill an whole article, but
>> well, here it is:
>>
>> Source:
>> https://www.geeknative.com/165877/near-silence-so-far-from-hasbro-as-cynthia-williams-dd-and-magic-the-gathering-boss-quits/
>
>ah, someone on dice.camp did the math: her departure date is one day
>before Hasbro's quarterly earnings' call
>https://dice.camp/@btravern/112292697751113100
>
>also official from Hasbro:
>https://investor.hasbro.com/node/36526/html

This kind of resignation is typical of the board/CEO telling a high-level
executive to do something truly terrible from a management and/or
business perspective, usually to squeeze blood from a stone or change to
a risky "disruptive" business plan, and that executive not wanting to
burn things to the ground on her watch. It's actually the only
responsible thing an executive can do in that situtaion.

She'll let someone else do it, if they can find that sort, or maybe her
resignation will be a wakeup call and they won't ask her successor to do
whatever she disagreed with.

Should have done it before the OGL nonsense though. She's already got
taint.

Utter speculation of course.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten