Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<95t46jd8u4jrjsem1ki3luro2b6mhcginl@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: THE ACOLYTE - The Death of STAR WARS?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 22:49:44 -0400

On Thu, 6 Jun 2024 18:38:16 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 6/6/24 4:57 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> The first episodes of what the showrunner Leslye Headland calls 'the
>> gayest STAR WARS ever' have dropped and it's really as dreadful as you
>> imagine.
>
>BTW, Headland was apparently the assistant for Weinstein who helped set
>up his rape dates (or at least ran interference afterwards). Or so I
>hear on Reddit.

Yeah, she was definitely his assistant. As to what she did for him, I
don't know, but she definitely worked for him. Not sure how that makes
her good for heading up a new STAR WARS show.

>> THE ACOLYTE is a queer Marxist vandalization of the STAR WARS mythos.
>> The Force is now a metaphor for cultural hegemonic power and the Jedi
>> are a metaphor for 'cisgender' white oppressors who hoard that power for
>> themselves. Yes, it really is that obnoxious and stupid.
>>
>> I watched it so you don't have to. Here's a summary:
>>
>> 1. The main character has two mothers.
>>
>> 2. All of the main Jedi characters are black or Asian. Zero white people.
>>
>> 3. In the first episode, the only speaking role for a white person was a
>>     convicted criminal.
>>
>> In the third episode, they plan to jettison STAR WARS canon entirely
>> while writing concerns about pronouns and being 'misgendered' into the
>> storyline. By that point they will have destroyed all remaining
>> affection the fan base has for the STAR WARS Universe.
>
>Oh, it's even worse than that:
>
>Apparently the show looks like sh*t in 4k. And apparently, it's *on
>purpose*.

Why would anyone do that? Only reason I could think so is if the show
had such poor effects or physical sets that they needed to make the
show look poor to hide that fact. Something that I don't think applies
here.