Article <9808bbccb9a847f1389b525845d7944d2826ab8e@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<9808bbccb9a847f1389b525845d7944d2826ab8e@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: Analytic Expressions of language not linked to their semantic
 meaning are simply untrue
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2024 13:53:31 -0400

On 8/3/24 12:24 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/3/2024 11:06 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The bottom line here is that every objection that he could
>>> have possibly made is addressed by this augmentation to
>>> the definition of {analytic truth}
>>>
>>> *Original definition* of {Analytic truth}
>>> Every expression of (formal or natural language) that is
>>> true on the basis of its meaning...
>>>
>>> *Is augmented by this*
>>> within a system of reasoning is only true when this
>>> expression is linked by truth preserving operations to
>>> its meaning within this system using this language.
>>>
>>> The superset of all of these systems that contains all
>>> analytic truth is called {the accurate model of the actual world}.
>>>

>> And so you agree that Godel's G is True in PA.
>>

> It seems that you are the only one that believes that
> there are any sequence of truth preserving operations
> from G to the axioms of PA showing that G is true in PA.

You are sorely mistaken in that beleif, but that error is caused by your
ignorance of the topic.

Anyone who understands Godel's proof would understand that fact.

Note, you have the sentence backwards, the sequence is from the axioms
to G, not G to the axioms.

That just shows you don't understand how to do logical proofs.

We know what we can demonstrate by a sequence from the axioms to the
statement.

We can form an actual proof for each individual number, but just
cranking the Relationship (which will always have a finite number of
steps) showing that this number does not satisfy the relationship.

By just chaining the infinite set of these proofs for every number, we
get that infinite chain of steps that establish G as true.