Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<9nNmv4RGyfYehQY5VxBueHoiiE4@jntp>

Subject: Re: Langevin's paradox again
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: 3eeAEFUUHsFd7ZEKJVT4P5D4dQ8
JNTP-ThreadID: sxhQQgyUgiiv6OcO_6O_beeL7bk
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=9nNmv4RGyfYehQY5VxBueHoiiE4@jntp
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 24 14:32:09 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr>

Le 12/07/2024 à 15:24, "Paul.B.Andersen" a écrit :

>> When she finishes her U-turn, she has aged 24 hours, and she sees the
>> earth clock which still marks three years (plus 40 hours).

 I said : THREE YEARS AND 40 HOURS !!!!!

> So when she see the earth clock it _still_ shows 43 hours? :-D

Damn, do you not understand anything at all or are you doing it on
purpose?
Pfffff...
I repeat things of fantastic conceptual beauty and obvious physical
reality as long as one can experience the SR to the end.

When Stella reaches the end of her outward journey. She is 9 years old
on his watch. On earth, for her, only THREE years really passed. ACTUALLY
THREE YEARS.
It will rotate in a 24-hour day around its aphelion, and it returns on the
other side, still at 0.8c, and rushes towards the earth.
She aged 24 hours during the U-turn.
She then sees the earth which now marks 40 more hours.
OR three years and 40 hours.

That's why I say that not much happens during the U-turn, and that
hundreds of crazy heads contradict me because they didn't understand
anything at all.

And on Terrence's side, what happens during the U-turn?
Nothing more either or almost.
He sees Stella, aged nine, making her U-turn in 40 hours (but with
Stella's watch which will only age 24 hours). She emerges from the U-turn
aged 9 years and 24 hours, while he has
(breathe-exhale) 27 years and 40 hours.

Paul, Paul, I beg you to have three cups of coffee, because this is only
the beginning of the understanding that you will be able to achieve, if
you UNDERSTAND what I am saying.

Afterwards, there will be the coup de grace with the notion of symmetry
and reciprocity of the effects of relativistic physics on DISTANCES.

I assure you that it's heavy stuff, that it's far from what Einstein said,
and if you don't make the effort to understand things that are however
simple, we're not going to get there.

R.H.