Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<AABmm+KJfkcAABMh.A3.flnews@ferrat.uplawski.eu>

From: Michael Uplawski <michael.uplawski@uplawski.eu>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Crowdstrike fiasco
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2024 18:15:05 +0200

The Natural Philosopher wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:
>On 20/07/2024 14:44, rek2 hispagatos wrote:

>>+1 I hope this serves as a lesson.
>
>No, it wont.
>
>You dont understan middle management in a company.
>The IT managers career is best served by spending shitloads of money
>with a company like crowdstrike which offers impressive legal guarantees
>in its contracts.
>Not by implementing a policy with some 'nerdy operating system' that his
>boss doesn't know how to use. And developing an IT department to service
>and support it.

An observation that many have made.
Would you be convinced that IT managers prefer to continue to steer
their company into the next wall, convinced that it will serve their
career? I may have only reformulated what you stated above, in that
case.

I see two dominant scenarios for the future: Either this continues
and *All* comes to an end, for any of the multitude of possible
reasons.

Or different things become important, which should change an IT
manager's conduct.

So, are there really no counter examples? Would those who talk in
this thread be the last remaining reasonable people?

I am out of IT for about 15 years. All this is becoming comfortably
obscure for me but I remember at least 1 company which went bankrupt
because their quality standards were too high and the customers had
neither understood nor liked that.