Article <AZTNpbi0gtTLxd8Whz03TFR-MYo@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<AZTNpbi0gtTLxd8Whz03TFR-MYo@jntp>

Subject: Re: the notion of relativity of simultaneity
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: tm1gNfuDhLDHIHUlVHf87wOES44
JNTP-ThreadID: M03ir3sQnaKnoNUOGTo8wLgKNI8
JNTP-Uri: https://www.nemoweb.net/?DataID=AZTNpbi0gtTLxd8Whz03TFR-MYo@jntp
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 24 13:03:59 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@liscati.fr.invalid>

Le 03/10/2024 à 09:12, Thomas Heger a écrit :

> Sure, but mathematicians use the term 'hyperplane' for a lot of other
> things, too, which have no connections to time.
>
> It is like a subspace with one dimension less.

The hyperplane of simultaneity is relative.

A does not have the same as B.

B does not have the same as A.

Romeo has his own hyperplane of simultaneity, Juliet, sitting on this
other bench has another one.

When Juliet observes Romeo's hyperplane (if she could make it visible) it
is clear that she is not observing a hyperplane, but another geometric
figure.

This figure is a virtual hypercone, but it is more difficult to represent,
and is not very useful since it is not anyone's hyperplane, but what we
could see of someone else's hyperplane.

Note that if I send a mobile at speed Vr (real speed) between Romeo and
Juliet, the mobile gradually passes from Romeo's hyperplane to Juliet's
hyperplane (tautology).

The hyperplane of this mobile is therefore perpetually changing.

But who should be given priority to transcribe this change? Romeo's
hyperplane or Juliet's, since it moves away from one and approaches the
other, thus seeing them deform into a hypercone for one (Juliet) and into
a hyperplane for the other (Romeo)?

There will therefore be an entanglement of effects, and we will obtain
something of the second degree: it is the Lorentz factor
g=(1-Vo²/c²)^-(1/2)

R.H.