Article <DUadnRrNiewBRNH7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<DUadnRrNiewBRNH7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 13:27:56 -0400
From: bad sector <forgetski@_INVALID.net>
Subject: Re: hotspot/tethering prerequisites
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android

On 5/21/24 10:36, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> bad sector <forgetski@_invalid.net> wrote:
>> I screwed up something and my hotspot wouldn't give my laptop internet
>> anymore. What other preconditions govern besides the wifi ssid and
>> password? I did a reset and that fixed the problem but didn't tell me
>> what it was.
>
>    You didn't give a lot of details and these kind of settings are nearly
> always brand/model dependent, but having said that...
>
>    I had a similar problem when I apparently had set a mobile data limit
> for the mobile hotspot. So not just the *general* mobile data limit, but
> a *specific* one for (only) the mobile hotspot.
>
>    For my Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 13 phone:
>
> Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Thethering -> Mobile
> Hotspot -> (displays current mobile hotspot) -> Configure -> Advanced ->
> Set mobile data limit

Sorry, it's a Samsung zflip5 on Telus service. Now that it's in defaults
there seems to be no data limit, and the only intervention I remember
ever having made before was to set it to unlimited though I don't
remember how a limit ever got in there to be reset to unlimited. On this
phone tapping "Connected device" on the "Mobile Hotspot" page is what
invokes the "Manage Mobile Hotspot" page which has a "Set data limit"
button. I went through these several times to no avail (and 'connected
device' is hardly the label for an advanced settings link).