Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<GFCdnY2VDdebra37nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:40:53 -0400
From: bad sector <forgetski@_INVALID.net>
Subject: Re: is my phone ON or is it OFF?
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android

On 4/29/24 09:02, Arno Welzel wrote:
> bad sector, 2024-04-25 00:55:
>
>> The net is full of people having issues with phones they only thought
>> were OFF. My android Zflip is even worse that a simple conventional
>> design. Most times I turn it OFF/ON to be sure, there being no obvious,
>> bulletproof, always in your face, indication which should be a prerequisite.
>
> Well - as long as you did not explicitely did POWER OFF the phone it is
> not turned off. And "power off" means you press and HOLD the power
> button until a menu appears where you can select to POWER OFF the
> device. Just turning the display off by pressing the power buttons
> briefly is not enough of course.

There has been a bit of misunderstanding since my OP in which I raised
two issues. When I said "they only thought were OFF" I obviously meant
'on-hook' although an unwanted power-on state could in and of itself
also kill you in the wrong situation. After that MY workaround of
powering off TO ASSURE THAT IT IS ON-HOOK clouded the issue I think, but
both issues remain IMO extremely important all the time.