Article <JWGdnTx7xdxKCKj7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<JWGdnTx7xdxKCKj7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Install iOS 17.4.1 now to patch 2 new zero-day vulnerabilities
From: *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid>
 <v0on2v$opo$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v0p580$206j8$1@dont-email.me>
 <l9at9vFmrhqU1@mid.individual.net>
 <v0pid4$2eos$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v0q220$2a628$1@dont-email.me>
 <l9cirrF5vsU2@mid.individual.net>
 <v0rcrd$1ink$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v0rl9p$2m8fm$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0sgbh$2cdc$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v0srel$31otr$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0tnbn$20kp$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v0u95h$3c79m$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 01:56:39 +0000

Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Android is linux in all but name. Linus Torvalds is the only reason why the
> android kernel is not mainline linux.

I have respect for Linus Torvalds. Not for Android trolls. When I followed
an Ubuntu group there was an onslaught of anti-Linux trolls, some trollish
names I’ve recognized here over the years. The ornery cuss Linux regulars,
some who dissed Ubuntards for not using Slackware may have side-eyed Apple
mobile products but wouldn’t be caught dead trolling an iPhone group. And
many of the iOS partisans here would never care to troll the Ubuntu or
other Linux group. Good people on both sides stayed in their own lane. I
crossed over and converted. The best part of the Ubuntu group was it was
somehow inaccessible to Google Groups if I recall correctly. Thankfully we
eventually benefited from that absence here too. Yet Arlen remains.