Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<MPG.40c227da6c69d9219902e9@news.individual.net>

From: Stan Brown <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Google's "Find My Debvice Network"
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 07:06:56 -0700

On Wed, 29 May 2024 18:00:19 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

> Robert Roland wrote:
>
> > In a system like this, the number of participating devices is
> > critically important, so I doubt you will be allowed to turn it off.
>
> According to 9to5google, it has three states
>
> 	Without network:
> 	With network in high-traffic areas only:
> 	With the network in all areas:
>
> <https://9to5google.com/2024/04/03/android-find-my-device-network-live-early/>
>
> under
> Settings > Security & privacy > Device finders > Find My Device
>
> I don't see those choices, but i can do a manual scan for trackers near me,
[end of article missing?]

On my Samsung A54, Android 14, OneUI 6.1, I have

phone to be found in case it gets lost

Tapping that leads to a complaint "not signed in to Samsung
account," which is true. I wouldn't create a Microsoft account; why
would I create a Samsung one?

But I wonder: is Samsung maybe hiding Google's Find to push people
toward Samsung's? Samsung updates have been coming about once a week
lately, and who knows what's in them?

BTW, Frank Slootweg posted the answer that fits my phone exactly:
https://www.google.com/android/find/settings/fmdn

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA         https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...