Article <R1q5Q-Zc0HX7INlV0Hxb3GgYBvA@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<R1q5Q-Zc0HX7INlV0Hxb3GgYBvA@jntp>

Subject: Re: Sync two clocks
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: yQRc7J-kM1Xzxpd7qZVAOR2rdm0
JNTP-ThreadID: KqCy9G15x7A9xZN_JLsoNRe49xU
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=R1q5Q-Zc0HX7INlV0Hxb3GgYBvA@jntp
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 24 00:01:35 +0000
From:  Richard Hachel   <r.hachel@jesauspu.fr>

Le 20/08/2024 à 01:33, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :
> How can tAB not be equal to tBA for light is vacuum?
>
>> not only for the point M which is the only real origin of
>> the synchronization, but for everyone.
>
> If tAB = tBA, then Paul's procedure works.  If tAB <> tBA,
> then your point M method won't work either.
>
>> We then have a useful procedure, but false.
>
> I set my watch to my wall clock months ago and it's still
> in sync.  You're spouting baloney, Richard.
>
>> [Rest of misinformed baloney deleted]

You still don't understand, damn it, no one understands what I'm getting
at.

Let's start again (I'm going to end up going crazy because of you, and
your blindness; no one understands, and everyone is acting smart by
arguing that not understanding is necessarily being smarter than me).

We place two points A and B in the universe, 3.10^8 meters apart.

Richard Hachel says that we will never be able to synchronize them BETWEEN
THEM because of universal anisochrony. We will only be able to synchronize
them by convention and for ONE chosen point in the universe.

These two points do not coexist in a global and reciprocal universal
present moment. BUT SHIT! It's still not difficult to understand.

This belief is an abstract religious thought but false.

It immediately happens (if you think about it a bit) that the path of a
signal from A to B will not be identical for A and for B.

B will consider that the signal is instantaneous (and he will be right),
while A will consider that the signal shifts towards the future and will
note tAB=2 seconds.

We immediately realize that this implies a completely anisochronous
universe, where everyone measures the time they want, and that generally
all measured times will be different.

It's not funny, but that's how it is.

It's a bit like the time that flows in a relativistic frame of reference
compared to another. If we take a thousand frames of reference, the same
proper time will be transformed into a thousand different improper times.
Nobody is offended by this, all relativists understand it.

Well, universal anisochrony is not the same. A measures 2 seconds, B
measures an instantaneous transaction, and each point of the frame of
reference will measure a really different time.

So we still have to agree on all that. I recently explained that
Einstein's procedure was abstract, but useful, because it put all this
little world back in a certain coherence where a point M located at an
equal distance from the entire chosen universe, observes this universe
live without distorting anisochrony.

It is this point that makes the law, and defines a "present moment that is
common to it to measure the times of the universe".
For him, a crucial thing, all displacements are transversal, and only
transversal. For him, all electromagnetic signals (which are present waves
for receivers) move at c, and by convention, all observed points exist in
the same present moment.
This is where this imaginary point is useful, although abstract.

R.H.