Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<TGVTg0CmwEFgk8vFybKRb3wd85E@jntp>

Subject: Re: Space and spacetime
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: a7Rfdo-iQ0fdLREJfdozK3Kdefg
JNTP-ThreadID: v4i6s0$31ct8$1@dont-email.me
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=TGVTg0CmwEFgk8vFybKRb3wd85E@jntp
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 24 15:34:17 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@wanadou.fr>

Le 18/06/2024 à 14:46, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :

> I don't know any rich theoretical physicists, nor any that hide.
> Proposing
> new ideas based upon extending present understanding is a good thing,
> IMHO,
> but proposing opinions based on fluff is not.
>
> “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust,
> sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
>  -- Douglas Adams

You're mixing it up, and in doing so you're proving right those scientists
who humbly said: "There is something wrong with the theory of relativity
and quantum theories, but one day everything will become clearer. we just
need a man crazy enough to give us the ideas of a madman.”
Likewise, in antiquity, strange and unexplained things were noticed. But
it took crazy people to say that it was because we were "stuck" on a large
ball of cooled lava which was spinning around a large lantern, itself lost
in billions of thousands of lanterns of the same kind.
These crazy people, at the time, we interned them.
Ditto if, barely 80 years ago, we would have said to someone in
twenty-five years, you will attend in your armchair and in color, the
World Cup final between Italy and Brazil, in Mexico , with comments from
the stadium.
It is difficult to judge follies without studying them at least a little.
There are common follies, and brilliant follies.
One of the problems of our time, and of other times for that matter, is
that we DON'T KNOW how to differentiate them. Artificial intelligence will
perhaps achieve this, but even there, it is not a cakewalk in theoretical
physics (artificial intelligence confuses everything and says anything).

R.H.