Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<UBI20240316@dont-email.me>

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-16 (Saturday)
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 04:30:40 -0400

While recovering from a back injury, I watched:

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 1:
Join us as we look back at how sitcom families, featuring Smart Guy,
Fresh Prince, Full House and more, deal with some of the heaviest issues
of the day.

Featuring The 'Family Matters' When Steve Urkel Got Drunk And Fell Off A
Roof, The 'Boy Meets World' When Shawn Joined A Cult, The 'Fresh Prince'
When Will Got Shot And Carlton Bought A Gun, The 'Full House' When D.J.
Almost Starved Herself To Death, The 'Smart Guy' When T.J. Met A
Pedophile On The Internet
https://youtu.be/xvSIJ45HQIw?si=-topsGEA8l3JgeSw

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 2:
Featuring The 'Family Ties' When Tom Hanks Was A Raging Alcoholic, The
'Dinosaurs' When Robbie Got Jacked On Steroids, The 'Growing Pains' With
Hot Babes Offering Free Cocaine, The '7th Heaven' When Shiri Appleby
Joined A Violent Street Gang
https://youtu.be/Lp3OxdyWC5M?si=ZisRTziqQSWkbA8y

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 3:
Featuring The 'Mr. Belvedere' When That Kid Got AIDS, The 'ALF' When He
Dated A Blind Woman, The 'Full House' When D.J. Helped An Alzheimer's
Patient Escape A Nursing Home, The 'Step by Step' When The Hot Teacher
Seduced J.T.
https://youtu.be/UMA_zHnnRMU?si=xgwHMikEKfunHsHG

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 4:
Featuring The '7th Heaven' With The Kids Who Huffed Paint Fumes, The
'Diff'rent Strokes' With The Bicycle Man Child Molester, The 'Family
Matters' When Urkel Infiltrated The Dragons Gang, The 'Wayans Bros.' When
Marlon Ruined His Life With Marijuana
https://youtu.be/kg8C2Jz3FVE?si=Mgs-CcSQ3iU4etLe

THE MYSTERY OF THE RIDDLER'S PINK COSTUME:
Why did the Riddler have a pink costume? The answer may surprise you.
This infamous Batman villain had a slow start when it came to cementing
himself as a core Batman Rogue. His journey was aided by the 66 Batman
series starring, Adam West and Burt Ward, with Frank Gorshin as the
Riddler. That show not only caused an increase in the character's
popularity, but saw some changes to his costume. Is that why it was
briefly pink? The answer lies in the early DC Comics animation era. We
take a trip to the past to examine this brief blip of a costume here on
Casually Comics!
https://youtu.be/mB-e1L4qxTc?si=ABZXVRGTHxGtAOlm

DR. SYN: THE HISTORY OF THE LEGEND (THE SCARECROW OF ROMNEY MARSH BONUS):
Historians and Disney personalities share some behind the scenes footage
and secrets of the making of the 3-part mini-series: The Scarecrow of
Romney Marsh.  Patrick McGoohan also appears and shares his memories of
making the pictures with Walt Disney and director James Neilson!
https://youtu.be/41Pdy4thpbY?si=kh1QpCSbqbSx_q4y
This appears to be a live action show set in the American Revolution
based on Zorro, except he disguises himself as a scarecrow (and shoots
people?).

POLICE SQUAD!:
Part of this weekend's binge on Catchy TV. Still funny.

WHEN THINGS WERE ROTTEN:
Another part of Catchy TV's binge this weekend. It stinks!

DOCTOR WHO:
"Face of Evil". The Doctor arrives on a planet where two tribes, the
savage Sevateem and the technically brilliant Tesh, are at war. He meets
Leela, an exile from the Sevateem, and discovers that their god of evil
is apparently himself. I guess I never saw this one before or had
forgotten how they had met.

MST3K and RIFFTRAX:
Several eps of each.

What did you watch?