Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<Usenet-20240414185107@ram.dialup.fu-berlin.de>

From: ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering,news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Young people peering
Date: 14 Apr 2024 17:55:38 GMT

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote or quoted:
>What happened to the young people who wanted to set up a Usenet node?

  Bruh, Usenet? Seriously? I thought that shit died out in the 90s,
  like, who even uses that anymore? I mean, come on, it's 2024 -
  we got way better ways to get our info and connect with people
  these days. Why would I even bother setting up some old-school
  Usenet server when I got Reddit, Discord, and all these other
  modern platforms that are way more user-friendly and relevant?

  Like, Usenet was cool back in the day, I guess, but it's just so
  outdated now. The interface is clunky, the communities are tiny,
  and good luck finding anything useful that isn't buried in a
  million random posts. Nah, I'm good - I'll stick to the apps and
  sites I already use, where I can actually find the content and
  communities I care about. Usenet? That's some boomer shit, man.