Article <Zq1pHnYCgAwr5qC37tYAjjYmORY@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<Zq1pHnYCgAwr5qC37tYAjjYmORY@jntp>

Subject: Re: Oh my God!
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: ef6P1MslKaF18F97krG34bB2Su4
JNTP-ThreadID: _NOMLwbBk0j_174bZ23omUtCEHM
JNTP-Uri: https://www.nemoweb.net/?DataID=Zq1pHnYCgAwr5qC37tYAjjYmORY@jntp
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 24 21:26:40 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@liscati.fr.invalid>

Le 28/09/2024 à 10:50, Thomas Heger a écrit :
> "Accelerations have nothing to do with history.
>
> Their only interest is to change the frame of reference, that is to say,
> CHRONOTROPY and metric.
>
> Nothing to do with what happens after.
>
> Because everything happens AFTER. And in the long segments of uniform
> relative speeds.
> We should not worry about accelerations, they are only a small thing
> over a small duration if we focus on the total times recorded.
>
> The time gap, I repeat, is dust under the carpet. It does not exist for
> Terrence, nor for Stella if we understand what we are defining.
>
> That is Minkowskian ideology."
>
> Well, that's wrong.
>
> Apparently acceleration has an impact upon the flow of time, while
> velocity hasn't.
>
> One reason: several observations point in this direction (e.g. Havard
> Tower experiment, Pioneer anomaly).
>
> second: velocity is not defined in the dark, forcefree space of SRT.
>
> Therefore we need to put more emphasis on acceleration and forget v for
> a moment.
>
> TH

Above all, we must stop talking nonsense.

I repeat, to make myself clear.

Time ratios are based on speed; and acceleration, which is only used to
move from one speed to another,
plays no role in the equation:
To=Tr.sqrt(1+Vr²/c²) in real speed notation,
or To=Tr/sqrt(1-Vo²/c²) in classical observable speed notation.

Thus, if we integrate all the small segments of proper time
in the Tau Ceri problem treated here by me and Paul.B.Andersen,
we will obtain Tr=4.776 years, which is the sum of all the small proper
times (which is logical) between the Earth and Tau Ceti.
Now, these proper times are given by the real instantaneous speed and the
space traveled per unit of time in the observing frame of reference during
these short distances and periods of time.

The acceleration is not taken into account in the final calculation but
only the speeds in each segment Tr=Tr1+Tr2+Tr3+...+Trn

R.H.