Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<_BucnbLkJ-yhyOT7nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 07:15:08 -0400
From: bad sector <forgetski@_INVALID.net>
Subject: Re: app for precision coordinates
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android

On 6/23/24 16:34, VanguardLH wrote:

> https://crec.ifas.ufl.edu/media/crecifasufledu/extension/plant-pathology-/greening/pdf/GPSAccuracyforTreeScouting.pdf
> https://fruitgrowersnews.com/article/precise-gps-systems-increase-planting-efficiency/

Forgot to include: I'm only too aware of very accurate and even more
than very expensive gps toys, my surveyor uses them and has to charge
$1000 per marker to pay for them :-)))

My efforts are DIY and on a zero extra-cost basis, any savings got to
buy shoots (plugs).

-------
In 10,000 years we have consumed 3/4 of the trees since coming out of
the last ice age, going from some 30 trillion huge trees to 15 trillion
toothpicks good only to cut 2x4's! This gives some sense of the dioxide
absorbing greenery and capacity-destruction but if we look for the
actual amount of wood and branches then we find 4 and 6 inch trunks
where 4 FOOTERS once were! I suspect that in terms of board-feet or
foliage we have destroyed over 80%. No need to look at Brazil for
examples of the devastation, see here

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47679859072_c59d2aef84_z.jpg

https://mashable-evaporation-wordpress.s3.amazonaws.com/2015/12/lumber-10.jpg

http://www.ancientforest.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/I00279241-451x600.jpg

http://www.ameriquefrancaise.org/en/article-574/Saving_the_American_White_Pine.html

for an idea of what north american forests were like before our race of
locusts robbed it from the care of first-nations. Harvesting on public
(crown i.e. people's) land should require a % of very large trunk sizes
harvested, thus effectively limiting the cut when those have been
over-rarified. In addition every human being should be charged with the
planting of 1 tree per month throughout his or her life (say 1000 trees
per person), such being the TRUE SCOPE of what we have allowed
bean-counters and money-changers to do to our spaceship home.