Article <a7083462cfb1761d0ee5691304714725c7794eca@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<a7083462cfb1761d0ee5691304714725c7794eca@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Hypothetical possibilities
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2024 22:55:19 -0400
 <f74209ef7d87b6f7891e4a2b89cc18bfe7233810@i2pn2.org>
 <v7hkb2$3otgn$1@dont-email.me>
 <1c5729ae6d0a7bca84d24eec9f85bf30de70e3d9@i2pn2.org>
 <v7hokk$3phhn$1@dont-email.me>
 <6d3efd3e375c13ce1b313693d756734481804e52@i2pn2.org>
 <v7hpou$3pmkh$2@dont-email.me>
 <8423c2f75f2d88234a4b596778976d82c3382944@i2pn2.org>
 <v7hri8$3tn3h$2@dont-email.me>

On 7/20/24 10:25 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/20/2024 9:05 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> There is no representing to it.
>>> It is static data within the x86 emulator process.
>>>

>> In other words, you have just been lying for years about doing the
>> Halting problem, whose input is the reperesentation of the program to
>> be decided.
>>
>> No program to be decided on, no program to be emulated.
>>

> There is never any representing involved when a simulator
> correctly simulates a finite string.

Then you just don't understand the nature of the problem. But then, that
is an abstract concept which seems to be beyond your mental ability.

> It has always been a mapping from the static finite string
> to the behavior specified by this finite string.

That is what the decider does, but not what determines that correct answer.

HHH gives exactly the answer you programmed it to do, (as all programs
do), it just isn't the answer required by the problem.

But since you don't understand representation, and claim there isn't one
involved, so the program can't actually be working on a problem that it
has been defined to not be able to do, even though you claim it to do so.

The PROBLEM sand ays the input needs to be a representation of the
program that you are asking about, but since you say that the input
doesn't actually represent a program, it can't be a Halt Decider.

But even if we look past that lie, and ask about the ACTUAL BEHAVIOR of
the program you are cliaiming it to be deciding, that would be the DDD()
that calls the HHH(DDD) that gave the answer, and that program clearly
halts, and thus an actual correct simulation of that program will halt,
even if HHH's partial simulaition can't get there.

So, you are just buring you work under your pile of POOP. If the byte
string is NOT supposed to be a representation of the program DDD(), then
HHH just can not be a Halt Decider.