Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<adceba7d-0813-4477-acc7-855d72b941ef@ademu.com>

From: Arie de Muijnck <eternal.september@ademu.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: A lot to be said for modern technology - even if it's Chinese!
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 11:44:46 +0200

On 2024-04-01 19:21, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> The Chinese have certainly come on  quality-wise from the crap they
> used to churn out a couple of decades ago. I didn't expect much at all
> from these two items I got off Ebay; less than 100 bux the pair, they
> were. However, credit where it's due, they've worked wonders for the
> paltry sum of money they want in return.
> This photo shows a TinySA in RF generator mode outputting a claimed
> -23dbm and some other Chinese gadget - an RF power meter - agreeing
> with it to within 0.1dbm. Not only that, but both test as in spec with
> my HP RF power meter. Not only *that* either, but they both go down to
> -60dbm and agree all the way whereast the HP bottoms out at -30. And
> the Chinks have done all that without recourse to the very expensive,
> heavy and bulky thermistor head the HP unit requires. Respect is due,
> here, I'd say. (we should still nuke 'em over Corona virus, but that's
> another matter).
>
> https://disk.yandex.com/i/CVMa6sDNc2X1Nw

The TinySA and TinySA Utra designs are not Chinese but Dutch, see https://tinysa.org/wiki/pmwiki.php
It is produced (and sold) in China by Zeenko, see https://tinysa.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Buying
The rest of the offers on Ali or Amazon are mostly clones that do not meet the spec and will fail FW upgrades (aka chinese crap).

Arie