Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<aklrbjl45g43p45kdur66099751466pmfi@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 06:27:44 -0400
References: <v9d1vq$39tl7$3@dont-email.me> <o8dlbj1bidpctralalhrkpigvks9sia5ne@4ax.com> <v9ejmh$3na3l$2@dont-email.me> <qj4mbj96ira9c55e1omldf1cm8h3pftmfa@4ax.com> <v9fthu$3ujjv$1@dont-email.me> <08enbjh9qmc6negcsdguha233qvkuun7ns@4ax.com> <v9h1ut$54ab$1@dont-email.me> <o1qobjhdn8pdkf2l04fm7fbddckv36rd9l@4ax.com> <c94pbj5hg3f86m59482mevetosqfqhgiim@4ax.com> <v9ipps$hqr9$1@dont-email.me> <natpbjpflimtqa3k1p3dfrmkkd27ih9l0r@4ax.com> <bkiqbjlutis6dcl8ika0t0i8l70125sa18@4ax.com>

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 07:55:10 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 14:44:42 -0400, Catrike Ryder
><Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 13:33:45 -0400, Frank Krygowski
>><frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>>Meanwhile, yours and John's pro-gun rants have apparently convinced
>>>nobody that they should be carrying a gun while they ride. So far,
>>>there's been only _one_ person here so timid as to carry a gun while
>>>riding.
>>
>>I haven't seen any attempts to convince anyone to carry a gun, and
>>it's somethung I'd never do. Other than you, I've not seen anyone
>>trying to change anyone's opinions about anything.
>>
>>>Even John does not carry a gun while riding. Despite his attempts, he
>>>hasn't convinced even himself.
>>
>>What attempts?
>
>But the only attempts I have made is to inform Freaky of the facts.
>That, for example,  the dreaded AR-15 doesn't have a fire rate any
>higher then, oh say, the Glock 19, a popular police sidearm.
>Or that the vast majority of gun homicides are committed with pistols
>not rifles of any sort.

None of that matters to the anti-gun group thinkers. Their exalted
leaders want them banned, so they're just repeating it.

>>>:-)  Get your testosterone up however you can!
>>
>>That's from a guy who made up a story about asking a friend if he
>>could shoot his .45.
>>
>>>On a club ride last week, a hot Corvette with very loud mufflers roared
>>>past us, pedal to the floor, then its exhaust crackled loudly as it
>>>rapidly came to a stop at a stop sign. One of my friends said "I bet
>>>that made him feel two inches bigger."
>>>
>>>I think that applies to your shooting as well.
>>
>>"Am I qualified to talk about such things? Yes, by virtue of attending
>>multiple classes at various levels for each of the programs described
>>above. I've also acted as an editorial consultant on two well known
>>books dealing with those matters. I've written many articles on those
>>and related topics, and had some of them reprinted by publications in
>>other states and one other country. I no longer maintain the teaching
>>certification, but I've taught many cycling classes, I've written
>>scripts for and appeared in televised instructional spots, I've been
>>interviewed for newspapers and TV on such matters, and I've spoken (by
>>request) at city, regional and statewide gatherings."
>>--Frank Krygowski

>>>Of course it's legal. There's a famous phrase used for analyzing
>>>legislative trends: "Follow the money." Gun industry lobbyists can
>>>afford to fund right wing lawmakers who cater to gun fetishists. Sadly,
>>>there's little money to be made by promoting sanity.
>>
>>Legislators respond to citizens' right to own guns, and I think that's
>>a good thing. Gun owners don't need anyone to tell them to own guns.
>>
>>>And speaking of legal: It's also legal for a man to don a feminine wig
>>>plus a dress, and prance around pretending to be female. Actions can be
>>>legal, yet still be silly and stupid.
>>
>><shrug> I don't see anyone on RBT arguing against that, but you might
>>geet some objection if you claim that those males shoulod be allowed
>>to compete in women's athletics and hang out in women's rest rooms and
>>changing rooms.

>>>Tell us about your own defensive use of a gun while riding before
>>>telling us how justified it is.
>>
>>Krygowski continues to demand that others give him personal
>>information that's none of his business.
>>
>>I remember when I suggested that I might have more bicycling skill and
>>experience then him and he imediately demanded that I provide him a
>>detailed account of all my bicycling skills and experiences.
>
>Well, Frankie does tend to be derogative about others while bragging
>about his (rather mediocre) accomplishments. For example he was
>bragging about having ridden a bike across the U.S. And of course
>being coy by using the subject of riding in the rain ( it rained for
>the first part of his ride).
>
>Now I ask you, the first person to ride a bicycle across the U.S. did
>so in 1884 so Frankie is bragging about something that man kind has
>been doing for nearly 150 years.

I got rained on my ride the day before yesterday. It felt really good
given the 90+ temperature and the high humidity and I was already
quite wet.