Article <anmibjpn4t3mf91a01v7j1n18e5glh8ugf@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<anmibjpn4t3mf91a01v7j1n18e5glh8ugf@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Garmin altitude problems
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2024 21:00:04 -0400
References: <gbn9bj9g6lg7bmfjcnr0pheah6b8nsjog5@4ax.com> <3aqabj58cc9e2fkintbin8c2v4kqqo0fhp@4ax.com> <d5icbjpe7men8nrimh37lu9cd3hnsvh7d8@4ax.com> <abbdbjhcae4uf1fqgd7df8ioof8rdd0ssu@4ax.com> <bubdbjdlj11teosdun77r4pj5qn3kdhe71@4ax.com> <li9ebjh2k7kij85184o819lahdqeo4qjst@4ax.com> <ur3fbj9aqa6ocp24t4u2cprtotbvjm2ju3@4ax.com> <v98aht$rngv$1@dont-email.me> <slrnvbhu7u.mif.theise@panix2.panix.com> <386ibj5unm0ri514vk2rvjifci1j04k45p@4ax.com> <s9libjhflps02b4itsetn8q1ghh1ng57tb@4ax.com>

On Mon, 12 Aug 2024 07:43:11 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Aug 2024 16:09:37 -0400, Catrike Ryder
><Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Aug 2024 17:46:37 -0000 (UTC), Ted Heise <theise@panix.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Yep, and nice explanation.

>>>LOL  Reminds me of a tandem rally in Sebring a few years ago.  At
>>>one point we rode with a couple from Ft. Lauderdale and had a hard
>>>time keeping straight faces when they complained about the hills.
>>
>>I don't ever ride with anyone, but I do hear from northerners at rest
>>stops complaining about the heat and humidity. I'm going to ride
>>Tuesday morning and I expect to see 90 degrees and 80+ humidity.
>
>Having have ridden in tropical countries for much of my life the
>solution is to start your ride at sun up and finish by 09:00 or maybe
>a bit later.
>
>Here  it is the rainy season - the coolest time of the year - and at
>the moment, 07:24, the temperature is 28 degrees C  (82 F) and it is
>expected to be 31 degrees (87 F) by noon.

I will start very early, but my rides last at least four hours, maybe
longer, so I'm going to experience 90 degrees or more.  I'll be ok as
long as I keep moving and generating a breeze and only stop in the
shade. I'm a prolific sweater and I'll be taking six 24 oz bottles of
Gatorade and/or water and there'll be places I can stop and fill them
up.