Article <aqOdndPUcp9SGW74nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<aqOdndPUcp9SGW74nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 23:14:23 +0000
From: NY <me@privacy.net>
Subject: Re: Samsung email app (on Galaxy Tab S9) moves from side to side about once a second
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android

On 14/03/2024 17:39, AJL wrote:
> On 3/14/24 9:47 AM, NY wrote:
>> I've installed the Samsung email app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9
>> and configured two email accounts - both of which can send and receive
>> email, so the accounts are working OK.
>>
>> I notice that the Email icon (and the associated text "Email") on the
>> home screen constantly moves slightly from side to side among the
>> rectangular grid that all the app icons are constrained to follow.

> Interesting. I'm posting this with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9FE (the cheaper
> model of yours) and it didn't come with a Samsung email app. I didn't
> notice until now since I use Gmail and the Gmail app did come already
> installed. (Google: "Take that Samsung") But I checked in the Samsung store
> and it's there for download so all is not lost if I ever get pissed at
> Google. Bottom line, I'm not curious enough to download it to see if it
> does what yours does, sorry. Suggestion if you can't fix it, get another
> email app, there are sure lots more out there...

I was surprised that the Samsung email app was not pre-installed (eg
with an icon in the Samsung folder on the desktop) as it was on my
present phone, a Samsung Galaxy A54, and my previous one which was also
a Samsung Galaxy of some model from a few years ago. Since I'm used to
this app on my phone, I chose it for the tablet as well. I'm sure there
are other apps which are better.

I wonder if Samsung have decided (or been coerced) not to pre-install
their own browser and email client, and let people decide which app to
use, rather like Microsoft had to unbundle Windows Mail / Windows Live
Mail, and Internet Explorer, and let people chose which programmes they
wanted.